White Chocolate Coffee
Let me set the stage for you…
It’s 1 o’clock in the afternoon. Toys are scattered across what used to be a floor but now it seems to be the largest shelf in your house. Plates have piled up in the kitchen sink and you can barely think straight.
BUT…the house is quiet…dare I say peaceful all because you announced those three magical words…”It’s Nap Time!” The blissful serenity of a slumbering child is nothing to scoff at…it is to be celebrated as you have 2 maybe 3 precious hours to do whatever your heart desires. In preschool we called it “free choice” or “recess.” Oh how I took those days for granted.
This is the perfect opportunity to get a little therapeutic “Me Time” whether that’s taking a nap, a leisurely read, or ironing (yes it’s a thing!). In my case, “Me Time” includes “The Chew”, a blanket and a tasty libation! Today’s treat…White Chocolate Coffee! A guaranteed way to put a pep in your step and sweeten any sourness lingering from the morning hours!
Hey, it’s 1 o’clock somewhere…so CHEERS!
- 2 Cups Skim Milk
- 4 oz chopped white chocolate (I used Ghiradelli)
- 1⅔ cups strong hot coffee
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground cardamom seeds
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, warm the milk to almost boiling. Off the heat, stir in the chopped white chocolate. Take a moment to pause and reflect on the days’ events then continue to stir the white chocolate till it’s completely melted…your almost home free! Stir in the brewed coffee.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream with the vanilla sugar. Vanilla sugar is actually really easy to make at home by taking 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar and one vanilla bean. Using a sharp paring knife divide the bean in half and scrape out the seeds. In a small bowl combine the sugar and vanilla bean seeds using your fingers. Massage the sugar to allow the oils from the vanilla bean to release and perfume the sugar. Use the 2 teaspoons for this recipe and save the rest for later.
- Pour the chocolate infused coffee into 4 mugs and dollop each cup with the vanilla scented whipped cream. Sprinkle with the ground cardamom and sip immediately. Guaranteed to melt those winter blues away! Enjoy your weekend!
Leave a Reply