Potato Chip Cookies
We have been watching a lot of Sesame Street in our house. Mom’s do you feel me?
Now don’t get me wrong…I LOVE Sesame Street! It’s the reason I can get dinner started and served at a decent hour plus the values and lessons it teaches my son are great! I’ll even admit to watching more of the episode while Little Lew is playing in the next room over…what can I say it’s got something for everyone!
My one beef- I realize that I need to be the example to reinforce the lessons he is learning, and let’s be honest sometimes the bar is set a little high. For example, on a recent episode featuring Cookie Monster and Guy Smiley we learned that cookies are a SOMETIMES food while fruits and vegetables are an ANYTIME food. This fact is true…so what does Little Lew think when he sees his mom eat cookies a little more frequently than sometimes?
Let’s sort this out over some Potato Chip Cookies OK?…OK…no judgment!
Cream the butter with your sugar and let it go til it’s nice and fluffy! I just love the way it looks so alive! And now it’s time to add the star player…potato chips.
Add a dash of vanilla and some flour and we can call this dough FINISHED BABY! That easy…and if you feel the need to lick the spoon or beater for that matter…do so because this dough is delicious! Just do this out of sight of your toddler…they will start to question your decisions.
Scoop to create little balls and place on your baking sheet…2 inches apart at least- these puppies tend to spread.
Dust with some confectioners’ sugar and press down to flatten. Bake until golden brown and set aside to cool. Time to get ready for the fun part…chocolate!
Melt your chocolate and dip each cookie half, and if that were not enough, roll the soft, silky chocolate in the remaining crushed potato chips. Before you go all Cookie Monster on these jewels you do need to let the chocolate set…believe me it’s worth it!
These cookies are soft and slightly addicting so you may want to wait to have your second or fifth cookie after the little one is peacefully dreaming with visions of broccoli and bananas dancing in their heads. After all we want what is best for our kids and even though we are imperfect at least we mean well right?
This post was brought to you by the Letter “C” and the number “6” (which is the amount of cookies I consumed in one sitting…I need help!)
Cookie Monsters Unite!
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ Cups crushed potato chips
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar until nice and fluffy. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and add ¾ cup of the potato chips. Mix until incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix till thoroughly combined. Add the flour and mix until just combined- do not over mix the dough!
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop make 1 inch balls of dough and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet pan, space them at least 2 inches apart. Dust each cookie with the confectioners’ sugar and press flat.
- Bake the cookies about 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool cookies completely. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips either in the microwave or with a double boiler. Dip each cookie in the melted chocolate. While the chocolate is still soft, roll the cookies in the remaining crushed potato chips. Allow to set before serving.
Leave a Reply