50 Pastas Green Bean Corn
Day 2 of our 50 pasta dishes challenge…how we doing? So far so good on this side of the computer screen…I mean as I shared with you last week, my husband is a big fan of pasta night, and so is the little man!
So let me begin by saying this dish is the farmer’s market special of pasta sauces! Recently, my family has had the opportunity to share in the bounty from many of our friends’ gardens. Alright, that’s just the nice way of saying we are mooching great produce off of our friends’ labor of love! I say, stick with your strengths…when your thumbs are as brown as mine, it’s better to keep your green thumbed friends close.
Anywho, enough about my thumbs…let’s get back to what we do best…cooking! This dish has green beans and corn and BACON!! Ready to dive in? Ok let’s go!
This dish begins, as many great dishes do, with little pieces of bacon! Cook your bacon until crisp getting that bacon fat to render in the pan…this is delightful. Then add your onions and garlic to the party and sauté until your little garlic medallions are nice and golden.
Toss in your corn, green beans, tomatoes and two pats of unsalted butter. This is when things start to get real…the colors of the dish come alive and vibrant as it cooks down in the pan with the bacon fat. I mean I think I would do the same thing if I took a bath in bacon fat…wouldn’t you?
Stir in some chicken broth and simmer. This will loosen the sauce as well as giving the dish a little more complex flavor.
Stir in cooked rotelle noodles (the noodle of choice for this recipe) and about a cup of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese. Toss together and enjoy with a delicious Caramelized Peach Salad on the side (recipe coming soon)!
This pasta is the perfect dish to celebrate the beginning of the end of summer’s bounty. Not to mention, the caramelized peach salad is off the chain!! Can’t wait to share more, but in the mean time try to take time and soak up what’s left of these summer days. School may have started for many but the summer flavors are still hanging around for now…
…enjoy every bite!
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup corn
- 4 ounces halved green beans
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 Tbs Unsalted butter
- ½ cup Chicken broth
- 1 pound box of rotelle pasta cooked
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Cook the chopped bacon over medium heat until just crisp. Add in the garlic cloves and onion and sauté until the garlic is golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the corn, green beans, tomatoes and butter cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes to form a loose sauce. Add in the cooked rotelle noodles as well as the Monterey Jack Cheese and toss together until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve immediately.